Adults can get the party started with 35 outrageous, fun, and spunky party theme ideas!
As adults, we often find ourselves stuck in the same old routine of work, home, and repeat. But every once in a while, we need to let loose and have some fun. And what better way to do that than by throwing a party? But not just any party, a party with a theme! Here are 35 outrageous, fun, and spunky party theme ideas to get the party started.
1. Decades Party – Pick a decade and have everyone dress up in the fashion of that era. Play music from that decade and serve food and drinks that were popular during that time.
2. Masquerade Ball – Have everyone wear a mask and dress up in formal attire. Create an elegant atmosphere with dim lighting and classical music.
3. Superhero Party – Have everyone dress up as their favorite superhero or create their own superhero persona. Decorate with superhero-themed decorations and serve food and drinks with superhero names.
4. Murder Mystery Party – Host a murder mystery party where guests have to solve a fictional murder. Provide clues and have everyone dress up in character.
5. Beach Party – Bring the beach to your backyard with a beach-themed party. Decorate with beach balls, sand, and seashells. Serve tropical drinks and seafood.
6. Hollywood Glam Party – Create a red carpet atmosphere with a Hollywood-themed party. Have guests dress up in formal attire and serve champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
7. Alice in Wonderland Party – Create a whimsical atmosphere with an Alice in Wonderland-themed party. Decorate with teapots, teacups, and playing cards. Serve tea and finger sandwiches.
8. Casino Night – Host a casino night with blackjack, poker, and roulette tables. Serve cocktails and finger foods.
9. Harry Potter Party – Create a magical atmosphere with a Harry Potter-themed party. Decorate with Hogwarts banners and serve butterbeer and pumpkin pasties.
10. Western Party – Host a western-themed party with cowboy hats, boots, and bandanas. Serve BBQ and beer.
11. Disco Party – Bring back the 70s with a disco-themed party. Decorate with disco balls and neon lights. Serve cocktails and finger foods.
12. Luau Party – Bring Hawaii to your backyard with a luau-themed party. Decorate with tiki torches and hula skirts. Serve tropical drinks and Hawaiian food.
13. Zombie Apocalypse Party – Create a post-apocalyptic atmosphere with a zombie-themed party. Have guests dress up as zombies and serve brain-shaped food and drinks.
14. Sports Party – Host a sports-themed party with jerseys, hats, and foam fingers. Serve hot dogs and beer.
15. Game Night – Host a game night with board games, card games, and video games. Serve pizza and beer.
16. Pirate Party – Create a pirate atmosphere with a pirate-themed party. Decorate with treasure chests and pirate flags. Serve rum and seafood.
17. Gatsby Party – Create a roaring 20s atmosphere with a Gatsby-themed party. Have guests dress up in flapper dresses and suits. Serve champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
18. Karaoke Party – Host a karaoke party with a karaoke machine and a selection of songs. Serve cocktails and finger foods.
19. Harry Potter Yule Ball – Create a magical winter atmosphere with a Harry Potter Yule Ball-themed party. Decorate with snowflakes and Hogwarts banners. Serve hot cocoa and festive treats.
20. Halloween Party – Host a Halloween-themed party with costumes, decorations, and spooky treats.
21. Toga Party – Have everyone dress up in togas and create a Greek atmosphere with decorations and food.
22. Christmas Party – Host a Christmas-themed party with decorations, music, and festive treats.
23. Mardi Gras Party – Create a New Orleans atmosphere with a Mardi Gras-themed party. Decorate with beads and masks. Serve jambalaya and hurricanes.
24. Safari Party – Create a jungle atmosphere with a safari-themed party. Decorate with animal prints and safari hats. Serve exotic drinks and snacks.
25. Black and White Party – Have everyone dress up in black and white and create an elegant atmosphere with decorations and food.
26. Mexican Fiesta Party – Create a fiesta atmosphere with a Mexican-themed party. Decorate with piñatas and sombreros. Serve margaritas and tacos.
27. 80s Party – Bring back the 80s with an 80s-themed party. Decorate with neon colors and cassette tapes. Serve cocktails and finger foods.
28. Tea Party – Create an elegant atmosphere with a tea party. Decorate with teapots and teacups. Serve tea and finger sandwiches.
29. Star Wars Party – Create a galactic atmosphere with a Star Wars-themed party. Decorate with lightsabers and Star Wars posters. Serve blue milk and Wookiee cookies.
30. Country Fair Party – Create a fair atmosphere with a country fair-themed party. Decorate with carnival games and prizes. Serve cotton candy and popcorn.
31. Valentine’s Day Party – Host a Valentine’s Day-themed party with decorations, music, and romantic treats.
32. Oktoberfest Party – Create a German atmosphere with an Oktoberfest-themed party. Decorate with beer steins and pretzels. Serve beer and sausages.
33. Circus Party – Create a circus atmosphere with a circus-themed party. Decorate with circus animals and clowns. Serve popcorn and cotton candy.
34. New Year’s Eve Party – Host a New Year’s Eve-themed party with decorations, music, and festive treats.
35. Rainbow Party – Create a colorful atmosphere with a rainbow-themed party. Decorate with rainbow balloons and streamers. Serve rainbow-colored food and drinks.
In conclusion, there are endless possibilities when it comes to party themes. Whether you want to create a magical atmosphere with a Harry Potter-themed party or bring back the 80s with an 80s-themed party, there is a theme for everyone. So, let loose, have some fun, and get the party started!